Nutrition Services Overview
Standard School District Food Services manages 3,000 breakfasts and 2,500 lunches per day plus after school snacks and summer feed meals. Standard School District recognizes that a regular breakfast enhances a student's academic response and that is why we offer breakfast in the classroom to all students. School breakfasts provide a good start toward meeting a child's daily nutritional need of food energy, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- We will provide food of the highest quality for the students, staff, and community of the Standard School District.
- We will achieve this with an organized, well-trained team of foodservice professionals that develop and encourage food service employees to work toward the common goal of producing a variety of foods that are safe, nutritious, good tasting, within state guidelines, and attractive.
- Through the successful pursuit of our commitment, we will experience an increase of students, staff, and the community participating in our meal programs.
- School meals are the best deal in town. Not only are they nutritious, but also they are offered at a very reasonable cost to students.
Community Eligibility Provision
We are pleased that the Standard School District implemented the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the 2020-2021 school year.
Schools that participate in the CEP are able to provide healthy breakfasts and lunches each day at no charge for all students enrolled in that CEP school during the 2020-2021 school year.
The following school sites are participating in the CEP during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Standard Elementary
- Highland Elementary
- Wingland Elementary
- Standard Middle School
Parents and Guests
Parents and guests are welcome to join their child for lunch during the children's scheduled lunchtime. Parents should sign in at their student's school office. Parents are encouraged to purchase lunch from the cafeteria for $4.00. Bringing lunch from a fast food restaurant as well as bringing soft drinks for children is strongly discouraged.
Refer to the Districts Wellness Policy regarding school parties and classroom treats
Nutritional questions and concerns
Please contact our office at 661-392-2110.
- Tracey Dougherty: Nutrition Services Director / ESC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhonda Vines: Nutrition Services Supervisor/Standard Middle School
- Email: email@example.com
Jueli Crotty: Nutrition Services Manager II /Standard Elementary
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tamera Kastner: Nutrition Services Manager I / Highland Elementary
- Email: email@example.com
Anne Henry: Nutrition Services Manager I / Wingland Elementary
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard School Nutrition Services
1200 North Chester Avenue
Bakersfield, California 93308
7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday